We miss you and hope you are finding breath and ground in the midst of uprising, unraveling, and change. We continue to be inspired by and in awe of the powerful work we are witnessing and part of. Whether you are out in the streets, in your kitchens, in your beds, networking, singing, praying, resting, learning—we are with you in spirit.
We are also honored to share these resources with you, as a way to uplift the work of people who are Black, Indigenous, and/or Jews of Color. We also are continuing to look at how we, both individually and collectively, can deepen our work towards dismantling white supremacy, defunding the police, and investing in more life-affirming, just ways of being.
In that spirit, we want to offer this list of resources and events. We are sending this out now, especially, so that you have access to this for Juneteenth (observed tomorrow, Friday, June 19th).
For this Shabbat
(Friday evening 6/19 and Saturday 6/20)
Juneteenth Kabbalat Shabbat with Rabbi Sandra Lawson and Rabbi Isaama Goldstein-Stoll
Registration for this Zoom event is FREE but required. Service begins at 5:00pm.
Saturday Morning Shacharit with Tchiyah
- Ashrei Prayer Circles for BIJOCSM with Kat Macias
- Kaddish for Black Lives and Terror Victims – by Elliott batTzedek
- Jews for Black Lives Ritual Toolkit from JFREJ
- Jews for Black Lives graphics – by Tom Haviv
- Jews of Color, Covid-19, Civil Unrest — An Argument for Inclusion – by Nate Looney